Hamilton Island – Insider information
Planning a trip to Hamilton Island? We have put together the top tips from guests and staff to ensure you have a holiday like no other!
- Book accommodation through Hamilton Island directly. They have the best knowledge of the area and what to do!
- Hiring a gold buggy is a lot of fun, but we recommend making the most of the Island’s free shuttle bus. Make your way around the island with ease and no need to worry if you have a few cocktails by the pool!
- Hamilton Island Golf Club on Dent Island is not just paradise for golfers. The club house is a hidden gem offering an indulgent 2 course lunch with seamless service and breathtaking views.
- If a visit to the Great Barrier Reef or Whitehaven Beach is on your list of things to do – we recommend booking a tour in advance as they book out in advance!
- When on the Island, there is no need to carry cash or a bank card around as all of the restaurants and stores can charge back to your room directly.
- Take the opportunity to hug a koala at Wild Life Hamilton Island – not many places in Australia still allow guests to cuddle a koala. Oprah made the most of it on her trip to the Island!
- Download the ‘Hamilton Island App’ as this contains extremely useful information for your trip. The activity guide is great to check as it lists daily advice on what to see and do.
- Don’t miss a sunset at One Tree Hill – this is the best location to sip on a cocktail and watch a sunset over the Whitsunday’s.
- We recommend booking restaurant reservations each night so you don’t miss out on your favourite places. Most venues can be booked easily online to take away the hassle.
- There are a number of hikes and walking trails on the Island – so make sure you pack your active wear if you are willing to take a break from the pool.
Categorised in: Uncategorised