KEKOA is 56ft a custom purpose built game boat for East Coast Australia Gamefishing. KEKOA was built with the Cairns marlin season and long-range live aboard charters in mind. Two years of planning went into the design and build and she has only exceeded expectations!
The 56 foot was launched in March 2010. She is the second O’Brien for KEKOA’s owners having been very impressed with their previous 47 foot model. In 2018 she underwent a moderate refit and is looking and performing as good as ever!
KEKOA is equipped with the latest state-of-art electronics. As proud Garmin Ambassadors, we underwent a complete electronics refit in 2016 to ensure we had the latest technology at our fingertips! The vessel travels around the East Coast Australia from Gold Coast, Fraser Island, Cairns Great Barrier Reef and far north Qeensland & Northern Territory.
- L.O.A. 56 Feet
- Engines Twin MTU 2000 Series 1000HP
- Maximum R. P. M 2500RPM
- Transmissions TWIN DISC Quick shift transmissions 2:1
- Maximum Speed 35 Knots
- Cruising Speed 27 Knots
- Main Onan Genset 17.5KVA
- Secondary Onan Genset 11KVA
- Diesel Fuel Capacity 4000 Litres
- Fresh Water Capacity 1000 Litres
- Full Garmin suite of electronics including Garmin GMAP units, Chirp sonal modules and GMR Fantom radar as well as Furuno sonar with Airmar Chirp transducer.
- Quick MC2 X-Series anti-roll gyro stabiliser
- Desalination Unit
- Dual coil refrigeration
- Eskimo ice machine